Russia Orphanage Trip 2018
Sunday, September 16, 2018 - Tuesday, September 25, 2018
Every year for the past 17 years we have been committed to visiting orphans in the Kostroma region of Russia. Our presence in their lives is a tangible reminder that they are not forgotten nor abandoned by their heavenly Father. This year we will be traveling in September, which gives you more time to plan, save and prepare for this incredible opportunity to extend Christ’s love to children who desperately need it.
The majority of our time will be spent in the Kostroma region of Russia. We will spend our days visiting two orphanages, Chentsy and Volzhsky, and also the Ministry Center located in the heart of Kostroma.
For your reference here are the flight details:
Aeroflot Flight SU 0107 Sept. 16th LAX to SVO Depart LAX at 16:05 Arrive at 13:45 +1
Aeroflot Flight SU 0106 Sept. 25th SVO to Lax Depart SVO at 11:50 Arrive LAX 14:05
Each traveler is responsible to book their own flight to match the itinerary of the rest of the team. Please email your flight confirmation once you have booked your travel.
Final ground fees may not be known until July. Ground fees cover all your ground travel, meals, hotels, translator's fees, visa processing fees, and any special activities with the kids. For a rough idea, last year's ground fees were $1900 for 11 days of travel.
May 13th, 2018
- HopeChest Short Term Mission Application Paperwork Submitted
- Scanned copy of Passport (clear, color copy of Passport Photo and signature page) Passport must be signed, must contain at least two blank pages, and must not expire within 6 months of returning from Russia
- First deposit: $250
- Anyone signing up after May 13th will incur an additional $200 late fee.
June 10th, 2018
- No new travelers will be accepted after this date.
July 22nd, 2018
- Second payment of $250 due.
August 5th, 2018
- Your physical passport and one visa photo must be in the hands of HopeChest staff in Colorado by this date in order to process visas.
- Unless you have a second passport, all international travel between August 5th and September 16th must be avoided as your passports will be at the consulate's office in Washington DC.
- The last deposit is due.
The Initial Trip Deposit of $250 is non-refundable/non-transferrable.
36-62 days from trip date: $250/person 2nd deposit can be applied towards future trips less expenses already incurred.
0-35 days from trip date: No refund/transfer is guaranteed. Our host organization, Children's Hopechest, reserves the right to evaluate the merits of each cancellation on an individual basis, including the burden and cost upon CHC.